An academically challenging environment for all
- that celebrates the rigour and quality in our work
- where students are ambassadors within the community
- where excellence across the school is promoted through the school’s performing and visual arts specialism
- where technology is harnessed to ensure learning is creative and aspirational
– with high achievement in Mathematics and English
– and an outstanding sixth form
- To Educate Successful Women of the Future
- To ensure all our students are able to take full and equal places as women, who take opportunities and assume responsibility in a changing global society.
- To deliver to all our students a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum irrespective of gender, ethnicity, class or ability.
- To provide a stimulating, secure and purposeful environment in which each student is motivated to strive for excellence in both academic achievement and personal growth.
- To work together in an effective partnership with parents, Governors and the wider community.
Ricards Lodge is recognised as centre of excellence for the Arts. As a Specialist school we aim to deliver a broad and balanced education to all students. Our vision is to use the learning and thinking strategies such as collaboration, planning, investigation and evaluation which are used regularly in the Creative Arts to improve teaching and learning across the curriculum. Creativity and creative learning have an impact on the pedagogy of the whole school. The opportunity for risk taking in the Arts helps to increase self-confidence, self-esteem and attitudes to learning amongst our students.
For our full statement about Arts Specialism please click here