Our Curriculum is designed to provide students with a broad, balanced and flexible programme of study, enabling each and every girl to become a successful learner, confident individual and responsible citizen. We believe our curriculum gives every student the challenge and motivation to develop her individual abilities and talents to the full. Ricards’ girls study in an atmosphere that celebrates and rewards success. Our rewards system recognises academic excellence as well as good conduct, good citizenship, effort and improvement
Key Stage 3
At Key Stage 3, girls follow a common curriculum:
- English / Maths / Science
- Technology (Resistant Materials / Food / Textiles / Graphics / Computing)
- Modern Foreign Languages (French or Spanish dependant on preference, with students in our top Learning Groups also studying German)
- History / Geography / Religious Education
- Creative Arts (Art / Drama / Music /Dance)
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social Education (PSE), Careers & Citizenship
Students complete their lessons in a variety of groups –
- Learning Groups – structured based on attainment at KS2 for most subjects (In Year 7 – English, Science, Technology, Languages, History, Geography, RE, Art, Drama, Dance, Music, PE.
- Mixed ability Tutor Groups – for am and pm registrations and PSE lessons with their tutor or member of the PSE teacher team.
- Smaller groups for Technology classes to enable high quality practical work.
- Sets in Maths from year 7, then in English and Science from Year 8
KS3 High Frequency Keywords
Ricards Lodge Key Stage 3 Curriculum Maps for all subjects
National Curriculum England
New programmes of study