The combined 6th form of Ricards Lodge High School and Rutlish School offer students at every academic level access to courses in all curriculum areas including our specialist subjects – Mathematics, Computing, Performing and Visual Arts – ensuring access to University Education and a wide range of vocational careers. As a 6th form student at RR6 you will benefit from our commitment to first class teaching and also to providing a pastoral framework that will support you in becoming an independent achiever. Our Director of Sixth Form will work across both schools to ensure the quality and continuity of support, advice and guidance.
You will also have access to new, high quality accommodation and resourcing including a learning resources centre, wi-fi facilities and specialist classroom space.
RR6 Prospectus 2017/18
New admission forms for internal and external entry into RR6 for 2017/18. Please note external applicants will have to complete both forms.
RR6 Open Evening for September 2017
For further information please contact:
Ricards Lodge site:
Mrs Angela Chambers, RR6 Administrator
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Kirsty Hobbs, RR6 Administrator
or emailed to email@example.com
Click here for our Admissions Policy for 2017/18 – Please see annex 1
Ethos – Learning for life at RR6
As you approach the end of your Key Stage 4 courses you are faced with a range of choices about what you do next. The decision to remain in education has many advantages. You will need higher qualifications in order to progress into higher education. In the workplace, those with higher level qualifications, including graduates, can command considerably higher salaries than those without. Remaining in education is an investment which will pay dividends throughout your life.
- enables students to achieve highly and challenge their thinking
- provides well qualified specialist staff in small teaching groups
- ensures a smooth transition from Key Stage 4 to 5
- is a safe and secure environment in which to learn in close collaboration with students and their families
- provides a supportive and effective tutorial and pastoral programme to support students in their academic, social and personal development in school and beyond
- tailors teaching to meet the needs of the individual and monitor progress regularly enabling students to develop self confidence and celebrate success
- provides a specialist environment with dedicated 6th form facilities
- provides a rich programme of extra-curricular activities in all areas of school life
- plays an active role in its community
- creates leadership opportunities for all students
- is a rich and diverse community
- is your local 6th form centre conveniently located over two sites in /Wimbledon
- is a challenging and stimulating learning environment.
In the 6th form your relationships with staff will change significantly. We expect you to enter a learning partnership with staff in which you will be challenged to be responsible for your own learning and to respond with great commitment to the demands that will be made to enable you to reach your potential.
As 6th form students you will be given the opportunity to build on the leadership skills you have gained at Key Stages 3 and 4. As senior members of the school you will be role models for the main body of the school. You will have the chance to take a lead in community and charity events and act as mentors, especially in our specialist subject areas of maths, ICT and performing and visual arts. In taking such opportunities you will discover the depth of your own resources and serve the school and its community in many valuable ways.